- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, Stem End Trimmed Off
- 1/4 Cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Large Shallots, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
Shave or slice the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or by using a very sharp knife coupled with decent knife skill.
In a large sauté pan, heat the Arbequina EVOO over medium-high heat. Begin by sautéing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved Brussels sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize on the edges a bit.
Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well to combine. Serve drizzled with the fused lemon olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6 as a Side Dish