- 4 Tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Butter Olive Oil
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced
- 1 Pint Red Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Pint Yellow Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (Try Traditional or A-Premium)
- 16 Whole Fresh Basil Leaves, plus more as needed.
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Baguette or Crusty Loaf
Add the red and yellow tomatoes, balsamic and basil to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the Garlic Olive Oil. Toss to combine, then taste and add more basil or salt, if needed. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two.
Cut the baguette into diagonal slices to allow for the most surface area possible. Brush Butter Olive Oil on both sides of the bread, and cook until golden brown on both sides.
To serve, give the tomato mixture a final stir, then spoon generously over the slices of bread and top with mozzarella cheese. Serve on a big platter as a first course or appetizer. Enjoy!